100 little known (or really well known) facts about me.
1. I grew up in snow country.
2. I still like seeing snow, especially on Christmas.
3. I'm Turkish, Irish, a little English, and some unknown Eastern European heritage.
4. That's certainly not a complete list.
5. I always say I'm more Irish than I probably am.
6. I feel my pale skin and freckles are proof of that.
7. I am a storyteller.
8. I always give WAY more information that is needed when telling a story.
9. I think it's endearing.
10. I also leave really long voicemails.
11. I was a creative writing major in college, though I started out as a biology major.
12. I worked at a zoo during high school and part of college teaching summer camp.
13. I read Green Eggs and Ham every day to the kids (their request!).
14. I do like that book too, even though every day was alot.
15. One of my favorite children's books is Bread and Jam for Frances.
16. I love the elaborate lunch her friend Albert has, then the lunch Frances has at the end of the book.
17. I used to make a fancy snack when I came home from school, and set it up on a tray with a placemat and a napkin and sometimes a vase of flowers, just like Frances.
18. After college I went to culinary school, and got to wear a tall chef's hat every day.
19. People are fascinated by the term 'chef's whites'...
20. Especially because chef's pants are typically checkered.
21. I love cooking for a crowd.
22. In college I lived in a dorm that had it's own meal plan, and everyone who worked there had 4 hours of chores per week.
23. I liked to sign up for dinner prep or dinner cook.
24. The meal plan was vegetarian, though sometimes we had chicken once a week.
25. Once my friend Jeff and I decided to make egg rolls for dinner, it took forever!
26. Thank goodness we were friends after that, it was rough going after about 40 egg rolls (at least 40 more to go).
27. I liked to take study breaks and make brownies or cookies, people would start coming into the kitchen once the smell of chocolate had wafted throughout the dorm.
28. I lived in that dorm for 2 years, then was a resident assistant for a year, then finished up in a suite.
29. I'm one of those 'ra-ra-ra I love my college' people.
30. My 10th college reunion is coming up this June.
31. I think I'm going, should be entertaining.
32. The college reunion is making me all sentimental about college... ah, those were the days type of stuff.
33. I'm corny like that.
34. I bought the new Mary Poppins dvd this past weekend, and got all sappy about that too.
35. And I've been singing the songs for days!
next last dvd purchase... Wonderfalls. It comes out tomorrow came out this week!
37. Tonight's a gym night, I try to go at least every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
38. The rowing machine is my new favorite, followed by the always reliable elliptical machine.
40. I can't believe this list is only at 40!
41. Some of my favorite movies...
43. You've Got Mail
46. LA Story
48. Love Actually
49. Notice some consistency? :)
50. My friend N. gives me a hard time about my love of romantic comedies.
51. But that doesn't really change anything.
52. I do like lots and lots of different movies, and I used to say 'Oh, that movie is in my top 5!'
53. But my top 5 movies number closer to top 500...
54. So now I say 'That movie is in my top 5%'
55. Last movie I saw at the theatre... Sideways. Saw it twice actually.
57. As far as hot beverages go, I'm mainly a tea drinker (usually Typhoo Decaf with milk and one sugar).
58. But I do love a nice espresso after a meal.
59. And hot chocolate is an occasional indulgence.
60. I like fancy coffee drinks that require long instructions (tall decaf latte with skim milk and vanilla syrup).
61. I like fixing myself a cup of coffee sometimes but rarely drink it.
62. Favorite bottled coffee beverage: Starbucks Double Shot (just split one with an officemate... yum!)
64. Favorite tea company: Tealuxe. (Favorite location is the Zero Brattle Street store in Cambridge)
65. Some of my favorite places in the world (always growing list as I travel more, but these are places I really feel at home): New York City (Upper West Side), Boston (really, Cambridge), London.
66. I'd like to have a house/flat in all three cities. Then somewhere warm too - haven't settled on where yet.
68. I love going to concerts.
69. And going out to eat.
70. That's really what I spend the most money on... food and music.
71. I have a great sense of humor.
72. And have a very loud, distinctive laugh.
73. I always laugh at people's jokes, so someone told me that it's great to tell jokes to me but it's not a very accurate reading for if the joke is funny.
74. I smile alot too.
75. I am very friendly, but tend to spend the most time with a small group of very dear friends.
76. I used to be terribly shy when I was little.
77. In elementary school, I was standing on the top of a set of risers with my class. I was so shy and nervous I kept backing up and fell right off the back.
78. Everyone ran around to the back of the risers, and there I was lying back there, so embarrased!
79. I am not that shy anymore, but I still blush alot.
80. Either when I'm embarrased or when I'm mad.
81. I have a terrible poker face.
82. But I love playing cards.
83. I'm not bad either, but I might not go on the World Poker circuit anytime soon.
84. I've been working on a children's book for ages, and really need to start it up again.
85. Yeah, random thought, I don't know what reminded me of that.
86. Foods I dislike: tarragon, blue cheese, goat cheese, fennel, really most shellfish (though I do like crabcakes b/c they're not creepy to look at like crabs and lobsters are!).
87. Foods I love: most anything sweet, really dark chocolate, Indian food, authentic Mexican food (as well as Tex-Mex), good soups, comfort foods like mashed potatoes, tuna noodle casserole, meatloaf, a nice roast chicken, most Asian cuisines (Thai, Chinese, Japanese, etc.).
88. It's hard to come up with a list of favorite foods when asked... I mean, it really depends on what I'm feeling like.
89. Today it might be sushi, tomorrow it could be a veggie burger, the next day it could be a nice medium rare steak with mashed root veg.
90. I love buying food over the internet... case in point... Zingermans.
91. What, you've never bought anything from Zingermans. Shame on you, get online and place an order!
92. Yum, they have some great stuff on their site right now.
93. I'm a procrastinator... big time!
94. I'm the girl who would wait until the night before to write a paper for class.
95. It all worked out, so it's ok.
96. And I'm very organized and prompt at work. But I have to fight against my sometimes lazy nature.
97. I'm almost at #100, which is very exciting.
98. I've actually been working on this for about a week, maybe 5 or 10 lines at a time.
99. So if it seems super random, that'd be why.
100. Thanks for reading!